Jer. 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed, save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
James 5:16 Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed.
According to researchers, divorce recovery can take between two to five years, but might never take place if the person does not exert effort to recover. If you want to be healthy, consider taking some of the following steps:
- Read, read read. Learn about the effects of divorce on adults and children and how to overcome the hurts of the past.
- Journal your ups and downs.
- Don’t dwell on the past; plan for the future.
- When you are feeling sad and alone, meet someone else’s emotional need.
- Learn to forgive. Seek support through counseling or a group such as DivoreCare.
- Honestly confess your feelings to God. Seek His comfort and His perspective.