One of the most important things you can do for yourself is to find others to support and encourage you. I have had a lot of personal experience with one organization in particular and I highly encourage you to check it out.
FIND A DIVORCECARE GROUP
The most helpful group out there, hands down, is called DivorceCare. I attended a group for a number of years and later was a DivorceCare Facilitator for 9 years. There are groups all over the United States. To find a group nearest to you, go to www.divorcecare.org and enter in your zip code.
I highly recommend this program. Please consider checking it out. Below are some things you can expect –
- They will likely meet weekly for a 13 week series. Some meet more than that, but 13 weeks is the most common.
- It is a video led group that includes a workbook for further discussion and very short take-home assignments.
- Over the 13 weeks it will cover topics such as Anger, Loneliness, Depression, Children, Relationships, Financial Decisions, Forgiveness and Reconciliation. Every topic is crucial in your daily walk as you move forward, one step at a time.
- Some places will also offer DC4K (DivorceCare for Kids). This is a GREAT program for kids 5 – 11 to help them talk through and understand what is happening in their family. The same website will give you this information as well.
- This is a great place to find new friends, a listening ear and sound advice from people who truly understand exactly what you are going through.
Be sure to check it out today. www.divorcecare.org. It will be the best decision you can make today! And join me for #8 of our Top 10 Things You Should Do next month.